Sunday 19 May 2013

Plastic bag flowers!

Ok ... I will try again with the photos in order hopefully!

Plastic bag flowers!
 
 


Step 1: Gather everything you need. I got the coloured scented swing bin liners from The Range. Also I use rot resistent garden twine from a DIY store.


Step 2: Choose your colour and tear off 3 bags.
 
 
Step 3: Cut off the sealed bottom of the bag.
 
 
Step 4: Cut off the handles of the bag.
 
 
Step 5: Stretch out the bags folds and lay out flat with the sealed sides to your left and right.

Step 6: Repeat with the other 2 bags then layer together.
 
 
Step 7: Fold in half so the sealed halves meet each other.
 
 
Step 8: Now concertina as if you were folding a paper fan.
 
 
Step 9: Tie in the middle.
 
 
Step 10: Chop a petal shape on both ends (this will cut off the sealed parts of the bag).
 
 
Step 11: Tie on your hanging string.
 
 
Step 12: Fan out the sides and start to seperate the layers.
 
 
Et Voila! A plastic bag flower that feels good, smells good, sounds good and looks good!
 
I will post a picture when I have all of the ones I am making in situ in the Sensory Garden.
 
Thanks for reading and sorry about my teething problems!
 
Good luck with your own flowers,
 
Rach x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment